Wednesday 30 April 2014

REVIEW: Bounce Peanut Protein Blast Ball

Today is a day offffffff for me (more on that later!) so I've got breakfast and tea in bed. Is it bad that I still use my Christmas mug every day?


So today I've got a little review of this beauty:


Bounce Peanut Protein Blast Ball

These are all-natural protein balls made from peanuts and whey protein. They're free of trans fats, gluten, GMs and artificial preservatives, and they've got a huge 14g of protein in each ball. For the numbers-minded, here are the nutrition numbers in one ball:

Energy: 879kJ / 210 calories
Protein: 14g
Carbs: 19g (sugars: 12g)
Fat: 8g (saturates: 1.5g)
Fibre: 2g
Sodium: 0.17g

Good stuff, right? The thing I love about these is that the ingredients list is chock full of real words that I actually recognise. There's nothing worse than reading an ingredients list full of chemical names and E-numbers. 



When you open them up, this is what it looks like. It's coated in tiny chunks of peanut (the peanuts are basically all on the outside of the ball), and is a slightly squishy ball. 


This is the inside - you can see that most of the peanuts are on the outside. Taste-wise, this tastes (unsurprisingly) quite like peanuts, so if you like them you'll like this! (Lucky for me I looooooove peanuts.) There's a slightly different taste mixed in there too which I presume is the whey protein, but it's a) quite nice and b) not really noticeable anyway, they mainly just taste like peanuts, which is great. 

These are amazing. I did a pretty intense workout last night at the gym, and ate one of these and a banana afterwards and felt great. I went trekking all over the city afterwards to buy some groceries and things, and I had plenty of energy and didn't feel tired or hungry at all. It took a good few hours until I got even a little bit hungry, which is amazing. Also, a lot of protein bars and things tend to make me thirsty, but this didn't - maybe because it's so low in sodium? But it was a lovely change from having to gulp loads of water. 

Overall, I adored this. I'm definitely going to stock up and buy some more! There are loads of flavours too, that do different things and have different benefits for you, so I'm excited to try out the rest of the range. I got mine for €2.25 from Holland & Barrett but there are loads and loads of stockists - have a look on their website to find your nearest one, or you can order online if you prefer. Definitely very highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment