Thursday 7 August 2014

Life Lately

Hi there! I promised an update on some of the things I've been up to and the reasons I wasn't as active on the blog, so here goes. Some things I've done recently...

Going home

I spent six glorious days at home in my parents' house last week. Reading, running, biking, hanging out with my family, watching movies, getting addicted to another show (Smash, it's so good), exploring the countryside and just generally relaxing. It was perfect. I went for several wanders through the area near their house and took some gorgeous pictures. Yep, I'm lucky I can go see all this green whenever I want.






Dun Laoghaire Bay 10k

I'll have a race recap of this up soon, but I was delighted with it. I missed out on my sub-60 goal, but that's fine - I was expecting it to be a fairly flat course and instead was basically met with a series of huuuuuge hills that covered about two-thirds of the course. Oh my god. I finished officially in 64:18, which I'm really happy with, and having seen my splits I reckon on a cooler day and a flatter course I can hit my sub-60. Which is why I'm signing up for Run In The Dark in November! 

Smash

I know it's dumb that this is my new addiction, since it's been finished for years, but I used to watch this show back in school and never made it to the second season. I started rewatching the other day and I am obsessed. And the big bonus is since it's finished, there's no waiting around for new episodes! You should check it out if you're looking for a fairly short show. 


Eating more

I've made the conscious decision over the past couple of weeks to eat a little bit more. I was in that weird situation where you're not hungry as such but you can feel your body craving a bit more energy. Since starting to eat more I feel really good, and am noticing it makes me less likely to overeat - probably because I actually have enough fuel! Loving this. Always do what works for your body. 

So that's my life these days. Lots of fun things, lots of running, lots of outdoors. Just how I like it! And I promise, from here on out it's back to regular programming on the blog ;)
  

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 10k--sounds like a hard one! It's always nice to go home, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was - hard but satisfying! I love going home and I don't do it enough, definitely gonna have to make it a higher priority in future :)

    ReplyDelete